Friday, January 16, 2009

Canning Jam


I made 8 pints of strawberry rhubarb jam this week. I am trying to clear out some freezer space and can up some things. My goal is to have more stuff canned than in the freezer. I don't want to have to worry about losing food (and money) if we were to lose our electric. We don't have a generator for back up. I also cleaned out our extra frig that we keep in the garage. So it's unplugged and not costing us anything. We will keep it for fall harvest time and for when we have large family get-togethers here and we need the extra frig space. I'm excited to see if it puts much of a dent in our electric bill. Hopefully it makes a difference!
Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

terri said...

I think I will take you up on the offer to help can. Have you made any strawberry jam lately? Yummy!

Lacy said...

Looks really good!!!

I found you via Frugal Hacker.....

My husband and I have started a website called www.weusecoupons.com. I'm creating a blog wall, full of useful blogs that have a frugal christian perspective! We have lots of blogs that are already on the wall like deal seeking mom, attention target shoppers, and many more.

If you're interested in placing your button on our wall, let me know!!

All we ask is that you place a link to our site in your links area.

Here is the blogwall url:
http://www.weusecoupons.com/index.php?pageid=blogroll


The button will also show up on our homepage randomly!!


If you have any questions please shot me an email!

Blessings,

Lacy
Admin @ www.weusecoupons.com