Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter at my farm this morning



Don't let these beautiful, serene pictures fool you. It is cold here. Not near as cold as the upper Midwest, but none the less, it is cold. Last night is was -6. We had a high of 2 degrees today. Right now, at 10:53pm, it is -9 degrees with a windchill of -29. We are to have a low of -15 tonight with windchills in the -30's !! BRRR!! I am sooo glad that we burn wood to heat our home. There is nothing like it on a cold night!

Here is a picture of my favorite tree here. It is always so beautiful with snow on it! We got about 5" of snow yesterday on top of about 3" we already had. Not much, but it makes for some stunning pictures!




Thank goodness I keep my windows clean - I took all these pics from indoors. It was far too cold
to go out just for pictures!











No comments: