Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bulk Canning Lids

Wanted to share a wonderful place to buy bulk canning lids!!
I found this place by way of the food storage group at yahoo. Its called Dutchman's Store. They have no website (pretty sure they are Amish). They sell 345 regular canning lids for $34.95 and 288 wide mouth lids for $35.95. Plus shipping. My shipping charge was $15.00 (west central Ohio). That's better priced than what I can buy them for locally. This is the first place I have come across that sells them in bulk. I can't verify the quality(haven't used them yet), but plenty of the gals on the food storage group like them.
They take phone orders and can take credit cards or they will wait for your check to clear. I sent a check and they were here quickly.
Here is their info for anyone interested:

Dutchman's Store
103 Division St.
Cantril, IA 52542

phone 319-397-2322
fax 319-397-2370
dutchman@netins.net

7 comments:

Melissa ~ Mom to 6 said...

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! I followed your comment on Kendra's website. I've been searching high and low for a bulk source for canning lids and thanks to YOU I've found it!! Oh happy day!!! I'm ecstatic - I plan on canning close to 1,000 quarts this year and to buy them in the boxes of 12 just seemed to be such a waste of packaging. Oh I'd hug you if I could. Thank you soooooo much!!!!!

Angie said...

You are so very welcome!! That's why I put that here. I was searching high and low for the same reasons. So glad I could help you!!

MommaofMany said...

Have you used these lids yet? Did they work well?

Angie said...

Yes, I have been using these lids. No failed seals yet!

Anonymous said...

I did some googling to find bulk canning lids and came across your site. Per your information, I hunted down the Dutchman's store and now have a couple of canning lid sleeves. Thank you for posting this information!
Cheryl

Samnibell said...

I was delighted to hear what you had to say about bulk canning lids, I have been looking for these for a while. I will contact Dutchman's Store today.
Was also curious about your food storage group, are there many groups out there like this, if so how do I associate with them?

Thanks!

Keith_N said...

Prices have gone up since first post but still not bad... $42 + shipping for 288 wide mouths.