Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Gardening

We had a beautiful weekend despite the wind. I got another box planted, this time with carrots. I planted an entire 4x8 box, so that makes approximately 512 carrots. I say "approximately" because for one thing those seeds are so tiny, it's hard to just drop one at a time. And also it was quite windy, so some may have blown away or extras blown where I didn't intend for them to be. All in all, I think the box will be ok.
The peas are coming up nicely, here they are:


The onions look marvelous, although windblown:



The potato tires are looking good:






The strawberries are filling out nicely. I bought 4 plants to fill in some empty spots.


I also bought some berries to plant. I got grapes, raspberries and blueberries. Can't wait until those are producing well in a few years! We all love berries.
In a large container, I also planted some mixed lettuce and radish.
It feels so good to grow my own food!

No comments: