Monday, March 15, 2010

Make Your Own...Pepperoni

Over the winter, there were a few things I had wanted to learn to make myself. Pepperoni being one of them. I found this great recipe at Tammy's Recipes - Tammy's Spicy Pepperoni. It is really good. I have used it on pizza and in pasta so far. It is also so simple to make. If you can make meatloaf, you can make pepperoni!
I was able to find all the ingredients locally except for the TenderQuick. I ordered that from Leener's. Leener's is an Ohio company that sells alot of cool make it yourself kits. On Tammy's website, there were several people who commented that they used regular salt instead of the TenderQuick. Sounds like it may be worth a try just to avoid the nitrates. Regardless, this pepperoni tastes like the real thing and you can make it so much cheaper and healthier than that store bought stuff!

No comments: