Monday, March 15, 2010

Make Your Own ... Dish Soap

Another project I tackled last month!

Found a good recipe for Old Fashioned Dish Soap at Laura Williams Musings blog.

After some research on the different bar soaps, I decided to use Octagon bar soap. Of course, I couldn't find it locally. So I ordered some from Soaps Gone Buy.

I must say, it was sooo easy to make and it works really well! The only thing about using soap like this, it does not suds up like the commercial dish soap does. Once you get over that, it is great!

I bought the Octagon for 99 cents and it made 1 gallon of dish soap - not too bad!

I did try to add essential oils to the soap, but it has enough of a scent to it I couldn't get it to change much. The scent was good, I just wanted orange smelling dish soap!

Now that I make my own laundry detergent and dish soap, I think it's time to learn to make my own bar soap for these recipes and for personal use! Maybe next winter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to You!
~~HUGS~~