Friday, April 25, 2008

Loving the sunshine!

The weather has been so wonderful, I can't stay indoors! Baby and I have been spending a good portion of the day outside doing preps for the garden, digging weeds, mowing, walking and just enjoying spring!
Dh moved my canning stove so I can start using it again. Yes, I have a seperate canning stove. The one in the kitchen Dh bought before we where married and is a flat glasstop - the kind your not supposed to can on. So, when we married, we brought the stove from my house and put it in the basement for me to use in canning. We plan on installing a utility sink next to it so I don't have to make so many runs up and down the steps to fill the canner and wash things. That will be a great time saver! I can't wait to start using it! I have a bunch of strawberries and rhubarb in the freezer from last year I want to turn into jam. I never got them last year with my pregnancy and being so tired! Soon the new crop will be coming in, so I need to do something with last years!
I still plan on posting more on the Disposing of Disposables segment I started. I just can't stay indoors to do ANYTHING right now! The cold air and rain are to make a comeback this weekend, so that will be a good time to get back to those articles AND cleaning my house again!
The sunshine and my baby are calling me! I can't sit still any longer!

No comments: