Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garden Pictures

As promised, pictures of my Square Foot Gardens...The boxes...sorry about the shadows!





Bell peppers in the foreground at left, onions behind(the winds we've had has blown the tops down) and the pole beans in the back. The empty spaces had broccoli in them. These spaces will hopefully soon be full of carrots!

The tomatoes. This is a mess. I will never do maters like this again! These are all different types of paste tomatoes. I thought they were all vining type and there would be plenty of room, but I was wrong! The good thing is that there are a bunch of green tomatoes right now, some just turning orange. I planted 24 tomatoes here. Can you see why maybe they would be prone to the fungus they had earlier? Live and learn!



Side view of the pole beans. We used a fence-like thing that dh found to trellis them. It worked out ok. Next year we will use string and dowels so they can climb easier. I have gotten quite a few pickings so far despite the many Japanese beetles that infested these a month ago.


View of the carrots.


And the tater tires! As you can see, the right side is dying off. I dug around yesterday and found 3 taters. One was nicely sized, the other two not so much. I'm anxious to take these a part and see how many taters we got! I got the idea from Stephanie at Stop The Ride!
The pumpkin vine is at the base of the tires.


South side of garage lives the tater stacks, pumpkin, sunflowers and herbs. Herbs include garlic, chives, oregano and hyssop. Baby girl likes to check out what she can pull on.

No comments: