Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We have a baby!

Our son arrived on Wednesday, July 14 at 2:51pm!!! He was 7 lbs 10 oz and 20" long. I thought he would be a big baby, but he actually was smaller than his sister! I allowed the doctor to break my water and insisted on no pitocin to induce labor. He agreed. Thankfully, because my body went ahead and started contractions on its own. After about 8 hours of all natural labor (no pain meds!!) he was born. I almost got the labor and delivery that I had always wanted. I wished for all natural with no induction, no pain meds, no artificial anything. The only thing that was not natural was the doc breaking the water. That made me very happy! We are both doing well. He and I get about a 4 hour stretch of sleep every night. Daytime has been a different story though. He seems very fussy and gassy during the day. He just can't settle down. That is frustrating, but I know it will pass. Big sister is very proud and loves on him all the time. She has decided she is a big girl now and doesn't want diapers! I knew it had to be on her own terms. She is a very stubborn and strong-willed child. I know because she takes after me. (Sorry mom and dad!)

The weather has been hot and dry - typical July weather. Today's heat index is supposed to be over 100. Thank goodness for air conditioning! (yes I know I am spoiled by it!) Because of the heat, our electric bill has gone up alot. Plus they decided to raise our rates. grrr! Today I made a phone call to a guy who does wind and solar energy. He is coming over next week to tell us what we can do. He says our area is good for both kinds of energy. I hope it pans out and we can cut our line to the grid! I will try to give updates on that.

The zuchinni is nearly done. At least I am done with it! I have put 21 quart bags of it in the freezer. The pumpkins are turning orange and the tomatoes are bearing alot of green fruit right now. My mother in law has given us lots of sweet corn from their patch. That's about all I have done so far this year. I am already thinking about next years garden!!

2 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to Adam! We'll be looking for some baby pictures later. God bless one and all real big, Liz

BTMA Oil Press said...

Do you know how is corn oil produced ? The production of corn oil is a carefully orchestrated process that begins with the harvesting of corn kernels. These kernels are meticulously cleaned to remove any impurities, ensuring the highest quality product. After cleaning, the corn is ground into a coarse meal. Subsequently, a process called wet milling is employed to separate the various components of the corn. The oil-rich germ is then isolated from the other corn components and undergoes either expeller pressing or solvent extraction to yield corn oil. To refine the oil, it undergoes a series of processes including degumming, neutralization, bleaching, and deodorization, enhancing its quality and eliminating any residual impurities. The result is a clear, light-colored corn oil, coveted for its versatility in culinary applications and various industrial uses. This intricate production process guarantees the extraction of premium-quality corn oil, meeting the high standards expected in the market.