Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baking Blunders

Ever start baking or cooking and at the last moment realize that you didn't put in the right ingredients? Well, that's what I did yesterday. I was baking cookies and wanted to double the recipe. I doubled everything alright, so I thought. I put the first two trays in the oven and started scooping the dough onto the third, when I thought to look inside the oven. Oh, my, what a liquid mess! I quickly turned back to my recipe and thought over what I had added. Then I realized it. I didn't double my flour amounts!! By then the first two pans where beyond repair. So I scooped the contents of the third tray back into the bowl. I added an extra cup of flour. They turned out perfect! The goopy mess baked up into one giant cookie and actually tastes good! Here the pictures:

This one is the messed up cookies


Here's a closer look.


The pan aftermath. The chocolate chips had sunk to the bottom of the batter and made quite a mess on the pans.


The second batch cookies came out great!

No comments: