Tuesday, March 25, 2008




This is what we woke up to yesterday. I guess old man winter is still trying to hang on. It did melt away fairly quickly. Today is yucky - windy, cloudy, rainy. Blah!


Little girl had her 6 month checkup today. She is off the charts for her height. Everything looks good for her development. Yay!


Today I am working on chicken. I boiled up a bunch of parts and then seperated the pieces from the stock. After that I refrigerated everything. Yesterday I skimmed the fat off the top of the stock. Then I ladled the jelled stock into containers to freeze. All together I have about 100 ounces of stock in the freezer. So today I will pull all the meat off the bones and bag it and freeze it for future meals. Sounds like alot of work, but I bought the chicken for $0.49/lb and to me that's worth it. It stretches the budget and makes for healthier stock and chicken.

No comments: