Monday, November 12, 2007

This week's menu plan

So far I have spent half of this months grocery budget. I can't believe I have spent that much already. It's quite disappointing. My excuse is that I needed to stock up on some basics. Hopefully that means the rest of the month will easily be within budget. I am making menu plans to help. Here is this weeks plan:
Monday - Beef tator tot casserole
Tuesday - Veggie/beef soup in the crockpot and homemade bread
Wednesday - Hash and apple cobbler
Thursday - left over soup
Friday - homemade pizza
Saturday - marinated/grilled chicken on rice with veggies
Sunday - dh's day to cook!!!
Menu planning helps so much! It helps with budgeting and I never fret over what to make at 5:oopm. I really want to work on more crockpot meals. It is helpful in this season of my life. Baby could need a feeding right when I need to make supper and the crockpot could be cooking for me.

No comments: